Hi, my lovelies and welcome back to my blog. It´s time for another #beautycorner post and this time it´s all about mascara. Beauty Corner is where I share with you different makeup facts and makeup secrets. The idea behind this is to give you, my lovely readers, some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of each product, how to perfect your techniques and give you some cool facts that you may/may not know about that exact product.
1. It expires: The average life span is about 3-5 months after that get rid of your old mascara. Otherwise, you´re risking bacterial infections, and of course, no one wants that.
2. Keep the wand: We all hate saying goodbye to our favorite mascara, but saving the wand is something you actually should do. Wash the wand and use it as a brush to help groom your brows, or if you tend to have clumpy eyelashes after applying mascara, simply run the clean wand through and it will get rid of all the clumps.
3. Take it off: I can say enough about how important it is to take off you makeup before going to bed. Leaving your mascara on your lashes overnight does more harm than you know. When the mascara dries overnight, it can cause your lashes to fall off and get thinner over timer.
4. Turn up the volume: A trip to add volume to your lashes is by powdering them with baby powder using a cotton swab - in between coats of mascara for an extra lush look.
5. Moisturize your lashes: We all tend to forget that our eyelashes actually are tiny hairs, and should be treated as such. Before bed, moisturize your lashes with olive oil, coconut oil, vaseline or any other moisturizer that are good for applying on the eye-area (be careful not to get it in your eye) to keep them hydrated.
6. Waterproof day: Waterproof mascara is ideal for those teary moments, but it´s not advisable to use in on daily basis. Since it can´t easily be removed, the continuous tugging at the lashes can cause them to become weaker and eventually make them fall out.
7. Let it soak in water: Soak your mascara tube in a cup of warm water to make the formula liquid instead of clumpy. This will make the formula thinner and go on smoothly without any clumps.
8. Avoid smudging: Avoid getting mascara stains on your eyelid by placing a spoon or a piece of paper right above your lashes. Apply mascara in this position, and any excess product will get onto the spoon or paper, not your eyelid.
9. Bend for perfection: As you pull the wand out of the tube, gently bend the tip so it´s perpendicular to the handle. This new shape will make the brush easier to control and get to the harder-to-reach areas, like the tiny hairs toward the inner corner of your eye when applying multiple coats of mascara to both your upper and lower lash line.
10. The perfect mascara: There are so many types of mascara out there, you have to figure out what works best for you and your lashes. Do you need to lengthen? curl? give volume? Whatever it is you need, there´s a mascara out there waiting for you.
Disclaimer: The picture is not mine.